Monday, August 16, 2010

Inspirations and comic origins.

So I've been working on some more mini comics and some random illustrations.  I figured I would take the time out and just post this image of the first comic I ever owned. 

 
My dad picked it up from a comic shop on his way home from work one night after I had expressed interest in reading comics.  I was 10 or 11 I believe.  I think its interesting how I knew so much about this character before ever reading a single issue.  He really is just such an iconic character that his history is just ingrained in pop-culture.  I'm sure I could talk someones ear off about the Hulk, having only really read a few issues.


I have been doing some serious thinking about my future, (as it quickly becomes my present), and I really want to do something serious in comics.  So in honor of this green titan and my lifelong obsession with comics, I plan on doing an illustration of the Hulk in the near future. 

1 comment:

  1. After growing up with and being inspired by comics and cartoons, I kind of drifted away from them in my teens and twenties. Now, in my early 30's I find myself steadily getting back into comics and I love it.

    It's funny, you write about the Hulk. He's a character I never really got into when I was younger, but has now become a favorite. One of the first storylines I read in my comics "comeback" was Planet Hulk, which was a really fun read.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your forthcoming Hulk illustration.

    ReplyDelete